Tuesday, August 14, 2007

serious rain storm

Dude!!!
I didn´t think my classes this morning were ever going to end!! About a half hour to the end, I told my professor my brain was full and I couldn´t take it anymore! Amazingly, she thought I had been speaking better today. I don´t know how it was possible. I think the trick is that you just have to slur a bunch of sounds together and then say ¨right?¨at the end and then they know it´s their turn to start mumbling. It´s actually quite a simple system when you get down to the bare bones. ;) After classes, we watched a most exciting soccer game between Argentina and Xela. It was a pretty important game, and thankfully we won. If we had lost there probably would have been riots. They take their fútbol here pretty seriously!!!
Then it was back to school. But this time we were the teacher and we got to speak in english!!! It was so exciting! Until, that is, i got to the school and realized that I was ¨teaching¨ a bunch of teenage boys and all they wanted to know was if I was married. It didn´t work out exactly as I had hoped, but I did have a few students who truly were interested in learning english, so I had a good time.
I realized when I got back that I had just enough time before dinner to go to the bank... and then came the rain storm. Seriously, the rain storms here remind me of the thunderstorms in arkansas, except like 20 times more rain and no thunder or lighting. I pulled out my handy dandy umbrella which did a great job of keeping my hair dry. Really the umbrella didn´t stand a chance. So I had a lovely little walk home in the torrential down pour and got home just in time to have a delicious dinner with my host family. All in all it was a great day!! ;)
Okay, now I need to get going. I have ¨reviews¨ (which are amazingly similar to tests) twice a week (I think I have the toughest teacher in the school), so I need to study for my ¨review¨ tomorrow!!! I love you all and miss you TONS!!!


Jenny

No comments: